Gurdwara Charan Kaul Patshahi Chhevin, Village Jindowal, Tehsil Nawanshahr District Jalandhar (Dhak Region of Doaba). Punjab India.
In 1634 Sixth Guru Hargobind Sahib while travelling through Dhak area of Doaba came to village Jindowal, a Hindu Jatt farmer of this village was Jeena Jatt who served Guru Sahib with great devotion and affection. From here Guru left further with his Sikh horsemen.
The Jatt Zamindars of around Nawanshahr or Banga and Phagwara, Garhshankar were entirely Hindu or followers of Sakhi Sarwar (SultaniJatt). During late 1600s a Maan Jatt Chaudhri Chuhar Mall was a Sultani Hindu Jatt and Chaudhri of Banga was given 60 villages by Mughals. ChaudhriChuhar Mall was a Mona Jatt or clean shaven. Village of Jindowal came under his control being near to Banga.
During Misl period when in 1759 Sikhs of Majha crossed river Beas took over Doaba Region, Sardar Jodh Singh a Jatt of Amritsar (Majha) took over Banga area. Maan Hindu Sultani Jatt of Banga were stripped of their 60 villages by Jodh Singh Amritsaria. The Sultani Maan Jatt family left helpless to the conquering forces of Sikhs of Majha.
Sardar Dhanna Singh Kang of Balloki near Nakodar his daughter got the sarovar or Taal constructed in early 1800s. Maharaja Ranjit Singh got first Gurdwara constructed in brick and Gurdwara was given name of CharanKaul by Udasi Mahants. Land or Jagirs were attached to Gurdwara.
Between 1900-1931, Almost all the Hindu Sultani Jatts of Banga, Phagwara, Garhshankar areas or ilaka became Sikhs. Present day Gurdwara was reconstructed in 1947.